Full-time Guest Services Representative
The Sixth Floor Museum is looking for a highly energetic, customer service oriented Guest Services Representative to work with our Guest Services team. The ideal candidate must be able to work weekends, stand for long periods of time, and enjoy delivering top-quality customer service to our visitors. The Guest Services Representative will work in the Visitor Services Center of the Museum, assisting guests from all over the world as they learn more about the era, life, and legacy of President John F. Kennedy.
Working as part of a team to support the delivery of exemplary visitor service, this position provides overall guest services duties to ensure that the visitor experience at The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza is constructive, informative, and enjoyable. Reporting to the Visitor Services Manager, the Visitor Services Representative is the primary communication channel between the Museum and the public.
- Greet and interact with Museum visitors and groups, providing them with audio guide equipment and with information about the Museum, exhibits, audio guides, gallery directions and Museum programs and services.
- Provide outstanding customer service to Museum guest, while adhering to departmental policies and procedures.
- Observe and enforce visitor compliance with Museum courtesy guidelines regarding photography, cell phone use, food, drinks, loud talking and obstructive behavior in the exhibit galleries.
- Turn on/off video monitors, lighting, theater sound levels and other equipment in exhibit areas before opening and after closing, assessing operations throughout the day and reporting malfunctions to the Guest Services Manager.
- Handle audio equipment including daily inventory of audio units, distribution and retrieval of units, observation of visitors with audio player difficulties, processing of damaged units for repair and ensuring all charging stations are working properly.
- Ensure that visitor facilities are clean and well-presented at all times, including restrooms, the Visitors Center and exhibit areas, reporting problems to the Visitor Services Manager.
- Collect guest information as needed, including visitor comments/complaints, opinion surveys, demographic surveys and visitor observations.
- Process requests for Museum brochures made by telephone, e-mail or fax.
- Monitor memory book supplies, inventory of Museum brochures and other visitor-oriented materials.
- Answer museum telephone on weekends and administrative holidays.
- Manage traffic flow and crowd control in Visitors Center and exhibit areas.
- Assist security with basic first-aid care as needed.
- With security as lead, assist with evacuation of visitors during emergencies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6 months experience working at a visitor or cultural attraction or in a customer service environment is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Must be a team player, demonstrating flexibility, initiative and the ability to work with other team members to deliver a world class visitor experience.
- Background or demonstrated interest in history, museum environments or museum studies.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and be flexible at all times to ensure a high quality of customer service.
- Be personable, enthusiastic, responsible and trustworthy.
- Must have reliable transportation or access to DART.
- Must be comfortable working with large crowds.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and occasional evening shifts as well as occasional training sessions outside of regularly scheduled shifts
- Ability and willingness to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds.
The Sixth Floor Museum is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Part time employees receive paid vacation, sick, and personal days.
401k options available with Museum match for both full-time and part-time employees.